This role will contribute to significant evolution and/or replacement of enterprise class systems. These are large systems with complex functions and interfaces. Some are integrated with business intelligence repositories. CGI teams are working on challenging application development projects and application support engagements which significantly influence the quality of life for Albertans.
In this role, you will bring a combination of maintenance and development experience as an Application Developer in an enterprise environment. This position will give you an opportunity to leverage your expertise and become a key part of a large engagement!
• Develops and deploys application functionality, system software and/or enhancements to existing applications based on documented technical designs
• Works within an Agile development environment with mission-critical applications using Microsoft technologies
• Collaborates with other developers, business analysts, system architects and owners in the delivery of new software programs and applications
• Develops data extractions or reports from client requirements, and investigate data related issues
• Develop strategies for improving and integrating systems
• Excellent skills and experience with a combination of C#.NET and ASP.NET application development and maintenance
• Experience with SQL Server Development, Integration and Reporting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Post-secondary education in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
• Communicates ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Excellent listener with strong interpersonal skills
• Takes initiative
• Excels in a fast paced environment
• Quick learner
• Problem solver
• Team player
Nice to Have - Not Required
• Relevant Microsoft development certifications and/or training
• Experience in an Agile development environment
• Knowledge of ITIL methodology
• OpenText development experience
• Experience with conversion strategies / plans, scripts and approaches
• Familiarity with government systems and/or Professional Services delivery
• The successful candidate is required to apply for and achieve a clear Enhanced Security Check for these roles, due to access to confidential data.
• This position will be located at our client's site in South Edmonton.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne.