The Maintenance Mechanic maintains production and quality by ensuring seamless, cost-effective operation of machinery and mechanical equipment in a multi-shift environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity required to make repairs to mechanical equipment;
- Frequently required to stand and walk;
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required;
- Able to work on ladders and lifts.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on roasting, processing, and packaging equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions;
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments;
- Controls downtime by performing routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance;
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop tools and equipment;
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports (as required) by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs;
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Responsible to report food safety problems and or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions;
- Responsible for GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), food safety and quality, and being aware of SQF System Program.
- Licensed Millwright or equivalent experience/training;
- 5-10 years’ experience (preference within food manufacturing industry);
- Basic electrical experience required;
- Experience with welding and machining;
- Forklift/scissor-lift experience preferred;
- Able to take direction, both verbal and written, and communicate effectively. Must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.