Our Marketing Teams at Best Buy Canada are home to some of the most creative and strategic thinkers in the company. From graphic designers to writers, media analysts to the managers who bring it all together, Marketing is made up of diverse and talented people all committed to one goal: building lasting relationships with our customers.
As an omnichannel retailer we have a variety of products to sell that belong to various categories; gaming, smart home, wearable tech, computing, home theatre, sports & leisure, to name a few. The Category Marketing Specialist (CMS) is responsible for leading and overseeing the marketing strategy & execution for a category of product(s). This individual is a marketing expert with an understanding of digital, print and mass marketing/media strategies will work closely with vendor/brand partners and internal (marketing, ecommerce, merchandising, operations) stakeholders to launch exciting new products and to build and execute successful awareness and sales-driving marketing campaigns.
As a Category Marketing Specialist you will…
- Partner closely with our merchants/buyers to understand key business priorities, sales, product launches and promotional plans in order to build the marketing strategy for your assigned category.
- Develop comprehensive marketing campaigns using owned (email, web site, store signage) and paid (social, search, display, flyer/direct mail, broadcast) media that meet our vendor and corporate objectives and efficiently and effectively deliver ROI
- Lead cross-functional teams, including Merchandising, Marketing Services, Retail Operations and Ecommerce, and project manage campaign execution
- Communicate, negotiate, guide and influence others to deliver an integrate campaign and customer experience
We hope you are passionate about…
- Project management – managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment excites you. You can prioritize and execute based on business needs even when you are on a tight deadline
- All things marketing – you are a jack of all trades, using multiple areas of marketing knowledge to deliver on goals
- Communication and Collaboration – you influence and interact with several stakeholders, listening to all points of view creating the best strategy
- Organization – you pride yourself on having impeccable attention to detail and understand that managing your time is key success
The experience we need…
- 4+ years of marketing/advertising experience
- Demonstrated understanding of various marketing channels and media
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Commerce or Communications or similar field
- Proven experience working closely with multiple business units in a medium to large organization
- Experience working in a retail environment
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology
Please refer to the job description for details.