- Review design drawings and specifications prior to issue to the client
- Participate in constructability reviews of design drawings related to mechanical and electrical contracts
- Provide budget/pricing assistance and make recommendations on mechanical or electrical related items
- Set-up new projects in the company database, obtain all relevant data and documentation from the client to allow the work to commence. Prepare contract documents (i.e. CCDC2) if required for the review and execution by the Project Manager.
- Obtain and distribute plans and specifications to mechanical and electrical sub trades and suppliers
- Attend project meetings with the Project Manager, prepare and distribute meeting minutes when required by contract.
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare project execution schedules using Microsoft Project, review project schedule on a regular basis with the Project Manager and Superintendent and update schedule accordingly.
- Prepare and distribute change notices, site instructions and RFI’s to the sub trades and suppliers, obtain quotations and prepare change notice quotations for review by the Project Manager, distribute the change notice quotations to the client for approval.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in the review and distribution of shop drawings.
- Obtain change orders from approval authority and prepare sub trade and supplier contract revisions for review and execution by the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare invoicing templates.
- Obtain and submit plans and specifications to the permitting authorities and distribute permit numbers to the Client, Mechanical and Electrical sub trades.
- Prepare and collect information for Operation and Maintenance Manuals as required under project contract. Submit binder requirements to the Client for review and approval, forward binder and tab requirements to the Delnor Office Assistant for ordering and preparation of the binder. Solicit all sub trades and suppliers for operation, maintenance and warranty information. Submit completed binders to the Project Manager for review and approval and distribution to the Client approval authority.
- Assist the Project Manager to Organize Operations and Maintenance seminars as required by the project.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
3+ years in a contracting or consulting role within commercial construction
One of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2019
2019 winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program
2016 Venture Publishing Contractor of the Year
Delnor Construction has been providing professional construction services in Edmonton and Northern Alberta for over 30 years. Incorporated in 1983, Delnor began with a dedication to the commercial renovations sector and is still committed to renovations with expanded focus on new construction. Today our commitments continue across Alberta via our Edmonton and Calgary branch offices. Our reputation has been built on providing personal service and quality craftsmanship with commitment and dedication that results in a standard of quality never compromised.
Contracting a large variety of projects, Delnor has demonstrated the ability to complete projects on time and on budget. We employ 200 people and are listed as one of Canada’s Top 50 General Contractors by The Leaders and as one of Canada’s Top 40 General Contractors by On-Site publications, and are listed as one of the Top Edmonton-based Commercial Contractors. In 2016 we won Venture Publishing's Contractor of the Year award.
We are involved in commercial construction in a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, government, education facilities, recreational complexes, financial institutions, and affordable housing.