Becoming a Team Member at Formet means joining a company offering competitive wages and benefits, employee recognition programs, as well as industry training, internal transfer and promotion opportunities. Team Members take pride producing high-quality automotive parts that help our customers make safe, efficient vehicles.
Formet is one of the largest manufacturing employers in Southwestern Ontario producing body and chassis components for assembly plants across North America. Our 1.1 million square foot facility features industry-leading hydroforming, roll-forming, hot-stamping, robotic assembly and post-assembly coating processes. At Formet, we take care of each other and live by the motto "One Team. One Formet."
The technician is responsible for a variety of tasks which ensure the efficiency and reliability of all Company tooling or production equipment and processes. To increase uptime, throughput, efficiency and quality, through the process of maintaining, designing, developing and continuously improving our equipment and the utilization of technology to ensure the best quality parts are produced.
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations, Formet's Visions/Values through Magna's Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Operate lifting devices (overhead bridge cranes, fork/combi-lifts, and man-lifts such as scissor lifts and genie booms) as required.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Monitor, operate and/or troubleshoot all plant infrastructure.
- Evaluate and improve our processes for uptime and repeatability.
- Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and identify potential risks to similar process.
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design.
- Assist in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures.
- Monitor and participate in ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality and Productivity) are being achieved.
- Communicate information throughout shift and at shift exchange.
- Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes Electrical, Mechanical, and Tooling provided it could be done safely.
- Establishes and follows- up full projects implementation including timing, concept, feasibility, design, specifications, construction and commissioning.
- Analysis, records and charts documentation required for maintenance records and projects.
- Services, maintains, repairs, installs and tests new or existing equipment and verifies conformance to specifications.
- Troubleshooting of process problems and completes quality improvements as required to maintain part standards of quality.
- Deals extensively with production team and other support groups as well as vendors (both part supplies and equipment suppliers).
- Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors.
- Prepare drawings, material specifications to requisition as required by vendors or other departments.
- Assist in developing and maintain preventative / predictive maintenance procedures.
- Mechanics shall be able to program and trouble shoot Fanuc Robots and Lincoln Power
- Sources as well understand the grounding circuit of a robotic weld cell.
- Mechanics shall have a good understanding of Hydraulic and pneumatic circuits and the ability to trouble shoot valves, accumulators, pilot operated check valves, cylinders and all associated hardware.
- Mechanics should have a good understanding of welding processes such as mig, tig, and arc welding.
- Participate in the development of team members through training and collaboration. (Achieve Total Productive Maintenance).
- Monitor and participate ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality, and Productivity) are being achieved and if not assist in developing and action plan to ensure success.
- Perform other duties as designated.
Knowledge and Education
- Millwright Certificate of Qualification (426A or 433A).
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Proof of completion of a Mechanical or Tool and Die course from a community or recognized college program consisting of 4 years or more.
- Minimum two years' experience as an Industrial / Construction Journeyman.
- Office and Manufacturing Environments
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
Wage: $36.61 CAD per hour
Shift: Rotating every 2 weeks between days, afternoons and nights
- Overtime after 40 hours per week.
- Shift premiums of $0.75/hr (afternoons) and $1.25/hr (nights)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH) + 2 half days.
- Medical and Dental Coverage.
- Plant wide Incentive Program - based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met.
- Subsidized Cafeteria.
- Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage.
- Magna Profit Sharing.
- Matched GRRSP.
- Educational Assistance program.
- Barbecues and Children's Christmas Party.
- Roger's cell phone plan available to Formet Team Members - $40.00 / month
- Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
0,00 $ - 36,61 $ /heure