Title: Mould Maker
Type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Concord, ON
Position(s) 2 (1 for afternoons and 1 for Nights)
Pay: $30+ per hour + shift premiums - depends upon experience
Shift: 1 for afternoons (2 pm to 10 pm) and 1 for Nights (10 pm to 6 am)
Shift Premium: Afternoons ($0.60 per hour) - Nights ($0.75 per hour)
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the work of a Mould Maker often at a level requiring greater judgment, experience and skills.
- Repair and test molds and tooling by lay out, setting up, machining and finishing metal stock.
- Verify conformance of repaired molds or tooling to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances, and alignments, consistently working to close tolerances.
- Repair and trouble shoot molds in molding machines and diagnose faults during preventative maintenance procedures.
- Operate a variety of machine tools to cut, mill, grind or otherwise repair work piece to prescribed dimensions and finish.
- Operate crane to remove and/or relocate molds to specific work station/equipment.
- Provide assistance and guidance to a team of Mould Makers and Apprentices to support production and related problems.
- Must be willing to work on all Downstream Tooling as required in both Plant locations as Toolroom Supervisors see fit
- Promote and comply with health, safety, and environmental standards, safe operating procedures, good housekeeping practices and the observance of protective equipment requirements at all times.
- Any other reasonable duty required by Management.
- In the process of building tooling, verifies tool designs for feasibility and functionality before completion, feeding back any modifications or concerns to supervisor.
- Dismantle and repair or replace mold parts, units or fixtures, fitting and assembling parts and testing repaired tooling for proper operation, operating press as required.
- Fit and assemble new tools then test completed tooling for operation by proving out in a press, unit or fixture.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS:
- Ontario Certificate of Apprenticeship (Mould Maker)
- Must possess hand finishing capabilities, hand benching and polishing
- Good communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Must possess basic knowledge
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for to be successful in this role, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or fax 416-495-8487 quoting the job title in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity Employer