HIRING: Network Administrator
COMPANY PROFILE: New Face TV Ltd. is an established company with professional experience in User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX), providing and implementing user-friendly interface designs for various OS platforms including TV devices, Set-top units, PC’s and mobile devices. New Face TV determines each user’s content needs and creates a smart interface using the latest technologies for the chosen platforms. Each unique platform is then integrated and managed through the client’s network which is integrated through New Face TV’s client designated server-client network.
ABOUT VACANCY: At this time, we are in need of an experienced Network Administrator to address our customers’ up-to-date technological needs and implement and manage the most innovative ideas into their network.
The ideal candidate must have experience with HTTP applications, TCP Transport, IP Networks, Ethernet Data Link, and Physical 1000Base-T copper networks, as well as managing video streaming networks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), Video over IP, and video Codec
- Assess present network structure and plan strategy to incorporate relevant server-client technology for Video over IP;
- Manage New Face TV network server and client, troubleshoot logical or physical problems;
- Install relevant webserver and manage data streaming needs and protocols;
- Identify network security needs and implement required security protocols;
- Perform ongoing network tests and resolve problem;
- Monitor system backups and resolve issues;
- Guide clients on network troubleshooting remotely or on client’s site
- Post-secondary education
- At least three (3) years’ experience with managing Video over IP networks;
- At least three (3) years’ experience with various network and security protocols
- Extensive knowledge and experience of video streaming technology and its implementation;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with video streaming networks troubleshooting;
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
COMPENSATION AND CONDITIONS:
- We are offering: $34.30/hour
- 30-hour work week
- Full-time, permanent, non-seasonal position
- The wage rate to be reviewed on an annual basis
- Client sites and Work location:, Newmarket, ON
Thos that qualify for the position will be contacted for a 2 step-interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.30 /hour