OPERATIONS RESOURCE COORDINATOR
Irving Equipment is a well-established Heavy Lift and Specialized Transport company with over 60 years in business and a diverse fleet of mobile and crawler cranes, SPMTs, and other specialized transport and lifting equipment with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and several other branches in Atlantic Canada and the United States.
At Irving Equipment, you will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we are always seeking to attract the very best talent.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Operations Resource Coordinator to join our dynamic team in Dartmouth Nova Scotia. The successful applicant will be a skilled multi-tasker that is highly-motivated and likes to work in a fast-paced team environment. You will be quick on your feet and able to handle challenges as they arise, while effectively prioritizing your workload.
- Coordinate, confirm and dispatch all equipment and operators
- Process customer requests for equipment and operators based on availability
- Line up operators to jobs based on qualifications and skill set
- Manage scheduling conflicts, as required, to minimize impact to the customer
- Collaboratively manage workforce levels to meet business needs.
- Ensure all pertinent system information is entered accurately and in a timely way to assist in managing the payroll and billing process;
- Collaborate with Maintenance department to coordinate maintenance on branch equipment
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 1-3 years of dispatch experience in a transportation environment
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to learn
- Can-Do attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), organizational, and time management skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- JD Edwards/E1 knowledge an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision under pressure and time constraints in a stressful environment
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Equipment Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.