ABOUT THE JOB
Our client is a Canadian company that has a network of over 600 corporate and affiliate stores across the country. They strive to help their customers complete their construction and renovation projects by offering a wide selection of quality products, outstanding service and a state-of-the-art customer experience.
As a result of their corporate growth, the company is currently producing payroll for 30,000 employees across Canada. Therefor, team is looking for a dynamic technician who will share their knowledge and be able to stand out with a positive, precise and discrete skill set while offering quality customer service.
- Take responsibility for the processing of payroll data and interact on a daily basis with the stores located in various Canadian provinces.
- Coordinate payroll preparation steps while applying the company's specific procedures in compliance with laws, collective agreements and company policies.
- Manage end-of-month transactions, remittances to third parties, validation of government remittances, in addition to retro-pay calculations, insurance arrears management and vacation scales.
- Conduct the complete year-end process (T4, Relevé 1, summaries, WCB annual declarations, EHT).
- Communicate with your client group and the accounting department for any questions related to payroll.
- Follow up with the various levels of government.
- Identify and propose possible improvements to our current processes.
- Interesting salary
- Insurance plan
- Pension plan
- Cafeteria service with daily menus
- Daycare and fitness center in our offices
- Parking at your disposal
- Nice, stable and dynamic team
- Ideal work schedule
- DEC in accounting or an administrative technique or a related degree.
- Experience in large volume payroll processing in several Canadian provinces including unionized employees.
- Accreditation in the process of obtaining a payroll compliance specialist from the Canadian Payroll Association.
- Knowledge of Oracle, PeopleSoft, Kronos, Ceridian (Payflex, InSync), Workday SIRH - an asset.
- Excellent command of Excel but and tech savvy.
- Take initiative, be collaborative and an ability to work with deadlines.
- Meticulous, efficient, professional, versatile and have strong organizational skills.