InVision is a Professional Recruitment firm specializing in Information Technology, Engineering, Industrial/Skilled Trades, and Professional Services within Canada and the U.S. We have a successful track record working on both small and large recruitment projects, across North America.
Our client, a leading manufacturing company is seeking a PLC Technician.
The successful candidate will be servicing various locations from residential to corporate clients while handling equipment. The successful candidate reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager and will have demonstrated the ability to work safely, be reliable, efficient, and have high standards of customer care.
- Providing effective and efficient troubleshooting expertise on all automated machines using electrical schematics and PLC logic
- Troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and control related problems in the field
- Troubleshoot and implement software changes to PLC’s
- Support new panel builds, program, installations and modifications
- Considerable knowledge of the use of electrical devices (i.e. proximity switches, pressure transducers, etc.)
- Establish and follow up project implementations; including timing, concept, feasibility design, specifications, construction, maintenance documentation and commissioning as required
- Deal with various vendors (subcontractors) effectively communicating instructions and technical details
- Troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and control related problems by phone
- Complete required documentation, inspection forms and time reporting paperwork
- Ensures job site is clean and free of debris after every service call for customer satisfaction
- A degree/diploma in electrical controls
- Minimum of (two) 2 years’ experience troubleshooting and programming PLC’s.
- Capable of reading, understanding and editing electrical drawings.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience with Allen Bradley( RSlogix500)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand, create and modify electrical drawings, process & instrumentation diagrams and schematics when required
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Willing to work overtime as per job requirements
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Full Time Permanent Opportunity
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Excellent compensation
- Growth Opportunities
All Qualified candidates will be contacted
InVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.