Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must respect the primary focus that is to ensure the Safety of all employees.
- Develop knowledge of the injection moulding system in the plant.
- Be familiar with the product quality attributes and perform visual inspection as required.
- Must be able to identify all types of product defects and defects specific to particular product.
- Make the necessary adjustment to the process so the best quality output can be generated.
- Monitors, records, analyzes, investigates and if required, correct all deviations of product quality, product safety and operational efficiency.
- Report potential production downtime, scrap generation, and quality from each machine.
- Ensure master cleaning schedule is maintained and paperwork complete; keep the machines and area clean at all times.
- Record all-important information in FMS; complete the SPC and production report clearly and accurately.
- Assist the shift mechanic when the machine is down for repair, mold change, preventative maintenance, etc.
- Identify and prevent possible causes of problems to ensure non-occurrence of major problems.
- Perform any other task related to the job as well as assist in other areas of the plant if required.
- Maintain skill level of all operators at optimum level
- Perform training for all new operators and yearly retraining of operators in regards to operator duties and expectations
- Ensure Policy and Procedure for Hold Product and Back Tracking is strongly adhered
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Excel at verbal/written communication and documentation.
- Know how to start-up and shut down moulding machines; know how to maintain the machine operation and understand its function.
- Understand product processing and be familiar with the required quality tests as it relates to part quality. Know the testing equipment and what each test is designed to target.
- Ability to perform safely under pressure and excel at time management.
- Demonstrate leadership by maintaining high standards; must have ability to teach Operators.
- Must be flexible and have a positive attitude toward overtime.
- Must possess and demonstrate all the necessary skills required for the position.
Go Beyond. .
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.