Client ID: 260888
On behalf of our client Procom is seeking a Procurement Advisor to purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment.
Procurement Advisor Job Details
This individual will be reporting to the Team Lead, Project Procurement
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Route Contracts, Change Orders, and Amendments for approval per process and signing authority
- Ensure all procurement documentation is stored in the appropriate Contract Management Systems in accordance with the Procurement Information Plan
- Liaise with the market intelligence team to identify market risks or opportunities
- Compile data to assist in periodic reviews of supplier performance (Performance scorecards/metrics) against established KPI’s. Support management of suppliers NCR’s in accordance with NCR Plan
Procurement Advisor Must Have Skills
- 2 years experience with project controls or financial analysis.
- 2 years in oil and gas development or operations.
- 2 years experience in major construction projects.
- 2 years experience in supply chain or procure to pay with a focus in oil and gas and construction
- 2 + years experience in projects procurement
- Strong Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management and procurement contracts.
- Prior direct experience for Projects or operations environment within the oil and gas industry
Procurement Advisor Nice To Have Skills
- Strong working knowledge of ERP SAP
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related business field required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional Supply Chain Certification (SCMP)
- Other Professional Certifications relevant to Supply Chain Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Maintenance Management Professional (MMP)
- Understanding of Tender Law, RFP Process
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgment.
- Effective oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills
Procurement Advisor Assignment Length
Procurement Advisor Start Date
Oct 1, 2018