Procurement/Supply Chain Associate
Apex Systems is a large staffing and consulting firm and we are looking for a Procurement/Supply Chain Associate with a Life Science/Biochemistry background and customer service, inventory/logistics, and any applicable procurement experience to place at our Biopharma client.
Client: Innovative Biopharma client!
Contract/Perm & duration: 6 month contract-to-hire
Location: Downtown Toronto
The Procurement/Supply Chain Associate is responsible for assisting in operating an effective and efficient procurement & supply chain function for the organization and its affiliates. Reporting to the Operations & Compliance Manager, the Procurement/Supply Chain Associate will help optimize procurement processes, inventory management and reporting, and ensure effective controls are in place, supporting corporate strategy and business operations.
- Support the implementation of the strategic sourcing of goods and services in execution of business strategies and operations
- Assist with the design and implementation of process and controls over vendor relationships, purchases, and inventory management
- Aid in ensuring adherence to corporate procurement policies, including Request for Proposals (RFPs), conflict of interest, and signing authorities
- Assist in establishing relationships with vendors and negotiate vendor terms (subject to approval), including pricing and payment terms
- Help maintain an approved vendor list, identify essential suppliers/vendors for assessment, and set up vendors in the Dynamics Great Plains (GP) finance system &/or other procurement platforms
- Prepare and amend purchasing transaction documents (Purchase Orders, requisitions, etc.) in a timely manner
- Maintain open communication with vendors regarding buying opportunities, order status, delays/shortages, and delivery of goods and services
- Develop, manage and validate to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) a systematic process, including both paper-based and electronic solutions to support biotechnology-based material, consumable and reagent supply and inventory forecasting.
- Follow up with vendors on the status of purchases on back order
- Manage shipment related issues with vendors and customs brokers
- Assist, investigate and resolve purchase order, invoice, and receiving variances
- Respond to queries from vendors and internal business operations
- Review and analyze purchasing data, trends, and budget vs. actual results
- Assist with and recommend enhancements to GP and other IT platforms used by the organization
- Other duties as required
- College diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in Life Sciences, Finance or Business Administration
- 1-3 years of procurement or supply chain experience (preferably within a life sciences or health care organization)
- Past experience in a customer service role (i.e. retail, restaurant etc.)
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions with speed and accuracy
- Experience in initiating and managing vendor relationships
- High degree of professionalism, with sense of urgency and dedicated internal customer service abilities
- Highly attentive to detail with strong clerical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to operate both independently and collaboratively in a team environment; multi-task and shift priorities, as necessary
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.