Purpose of Position: This role is primarily responsible for the day-to-day function of safety, quality and efficiency in the production department. Production to be completed on time with 100% accuracy, as determined by the Master Scheduler, in order to meet the production schedule and on time delivery to the customer. Keeps production team and management informed of any material concerns on quality, quantity or any other issues that may affect the production department efficiency and utilization.
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor for Weld and for Fabrication
- Ensures that established standards for labour efficiency & utilization, material utilization & product quality are met within the departments.
- Participate in daily production shift hand over meetings & ensures that the department is following production schedule & implements corrective action to prevent deviation in order to meet due dates.
- Responsible to ensure that all production is completed accurately, within Active Exhaust Corp's quality standards and on time as per production schedule.
- Complies & ensures that all necessary reports (production, labour, rework, scrap and attendance) & written documentation complies with Active Exhaust Corp. policies & procedures as well as updates and maintains all visual whiteboards.
- Responsible for material storage lay out, proper identification, labeling and storage of all material used in the plant.
- Analyze and responsible for all inventory discrepancies.
- Daily shift meeting shall be held with all employees about safety, quality, efficiency and any other concerns or issues.
- Other duties as required
- Post- Secondary Education with a technical focus and experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in metal fabrication
- Experience and knowledge in metal fabrication, tube bending/forming, welding
- Effective communication skills to effectively interact across all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership, coaching and team building skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing and multiple priorities to meet aggressive deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Computer proficient MS Office (Word, Excel)
Health & Safety:
- Enforce and actively promote safe work and good housekeeping practices within the current Ontario Safety Legislation and the Active Exhaust Corp. safety program by employing daily job observation.
- Adheres to safety practices and lockout applications. Participates in all 5S activities.
Training & Supplies:
- Ensures proper training and instruction of employees with respect to expected standards of work performance, quality and job safety.
- Ensures that new/untrained operators are not assigned work for which they have not been adequately trained.