Magna Exteriors, a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, is a global supplier of exterior products and systems. As a market leader with a focus on innovation, we offer a wide array of products including bumper fascia systems; exterior trim; modular systems; class A body panels; and structural components for automotive, commercial truck, consumer, and industrial markets. Co-Ex-Tec, a division of Magna Exteriors, has product expertise in sealing and greenhouse moulding systems using co-extruded PVC, TPO, PP, TPV & EPDM with Stainless Steel or Aluminum and Injection Moulded Appliques.
Co-Ex-Tec, a division of Magna Exteriors, is hiring a Production Supervisor for our Concord location. If you have a strong manufacturing background with 5+ years automotive experience in production, an innate ability to instill a sense of urgency and drive problems towards resolution through strong leadership, we invite you to join our team.
1. The supervisor has a crucial role in the implementation and continued development of Lean Manufacturing.
2. Ensure compliance to QMS (IATF16949), Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001), EMS (ISO14001), and security (PIP) requirements.
3. Achieve and maintain the highest possible Customer rating for satisfaction; strive for zero defects in all areas of the business.
4. This position requires an ability to interpret the business needs at a high level and transfer that to the production team to accomplish the daily objectives.
5. Ensure a clean and safe work environment.
6. Work to ensure that all employees adhere to all company safety rules and policies on your shift.
7. Continuously improve productivity through the process, and people.
8. Provide technical advice and assistance, including trouble shooting, to the set-up team and operation personnel regarding set-up, start-up/change over.
9. Interact and co-operate with other department personnel in all areas of the operation including Kanban Status and quality issues.
10. Possess a willingness and desire to lead. Must be able to motivate, inspire, and mentor people to realize goals.
11. Document positive and negative actions of employees in employee files.
12. Conduct annually, as per company policy, performance appraisals of each employee
Knowledge and Education
Secondary School Diploma, or equivalent required;
Post Secondary Degree/Diploma, an asset
Proven leadership skills; willingness and desire to lead; demonstrated leadership ability; ability to teach others effectively (previous supervisory experience, an asset)
Effective communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities,
Excellent understanding of English both written & oral Problem solving (including problem identification and solutions, both individually and with a team)
Valid forklift certificate, an asset, WHMIS, First Aid, CPR certification, preferred Strong computer skills.
Minimum 3-5 years related experience, with demonstrated technical knowledge in automotive manufacturing environments
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles required