On behalf of our client in Toronto, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Project Manager (Sales & Marketing Systems) for a 12 month contract opportunity.
The Project Manager (“PM”) is primarily responsible for successfully managing and delivering of projects from inception to completion. Projects are pre-defined by various departments within and, as such, the PM will take direction from various stakeholders in addition to the Project Management Office (“PMO”).
The PM is expected to deliver all assigned projects on time, on budget, on plan, and with a high level of quality. While there will be no staff directly reporting into this role, the PM will be required to manage and supervise resources that have been assigned to the respective project. The PM is responsible for the following activities:
- Ensuring that a Project Lifecycle (from Initiation to Closure) is executed based on the current PMO policies and framework as defined in the PMO website;
- Managing the projects from initiation to closure with a committed goal of delivering on time, on budget, scope complete with a high level of quality and business satisfaction;
- Overseeing and managing the team members working on the project;
- Working with Operations and Departmental managers to request and obtain required resources to meet deliverables;
- Managing all funds spent in relation to the project, this includes maintaining a detailed current view of budget, actuals and forecast numbers;
- Developing and executing required Test Plans to ensure high quality deliverables;
- Providing transparency into project health through published schedules, regular status reporting, and current budget and forecasts;
- Managing and documenting any scope changes impacting schedule, budget or quality;
- Monitoring project team timesheet reporting to ensure proper project accounting;
- Acting as a mediator between project stakeholders and the project team;
- Identifying, resolving and escalating any issues and risks as required;
- Ensuring that all relevant documents and artifacts are stored in the appropriate project folders (SharePoint) as per the PMO framework requirements and are readily available for scrutiny by the PMO, management, and Internal Audit;
- Ensuring all projects have been properly authorized for execution at each stage of the lifecycle including Architectural and Security reviews and approval;
- Ensuring execution of all phases of the projects are conducted in a responsible, safe manner ensuring there are no unreasonable risks taken that would jeopardize safety in any way;
- Conducting ad-hoc project audits to confirm they are on track with documentation, budget, schedule and scope to mitigate potential risks to compliance or project success;
- Verifying project process compliance for Corporate Applications SOX and related audits.
- Project Proposals, Projects Charters, Project Estimates, Project Dashboards and Metrics
- Gantt Charts, Milestones, Governance, Risk Registers, Cost Reports
- Business Cases, Investment or Funding proposals (Appropriation Requests)
- Test Plans, Close out reports
Certificates / Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- PMP certification (preferred)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, Certified Scrum Master (preferred)
Practical Experience / Attributes
- 10+ years managing IT projects in a large complex corporate environment
- 5-10 years in a Project Manager role managing project teams
- Skilled in the use of Project Management and Commercial Systems
- Practical experience managing projects greater than $1M
- Practical experience in qualifying and managing sub-contractors
- Practical experience in managing concurrent projects competing for internal and external resources
- Proven management and team leadership abilities
- Cost Management, Change Management, Risk Management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at both technical and executive level
- Familiarity with Mining or other Natural Resource business desirable
- Proficient Spanish, both written and spoken, is considered an asset
Specific Job Requirements:
- 5+ year experience with SAP systems, Mining
- Previous experience with SAP upgrades and preferably S/4HANA upgrades
- 5+ year experience as Business Analyst
- Experience in multi-currency commodity Marketing, Sales and Logistics
- Awareness of Production Accounting systems, Laboratory systems and bulk inventory systems
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.