Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
The Purchaser will have the following main responsibilities:
- Source available products to ensure the best combination of quality, price and delivery
- Arrange for deliveries, monitor progress and contact clients and supplier to resolve issues.
- Monitor stock levels and verify purchase requisitions
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list, clarifying unclear items and recommending alternatives.
- Identify damaged or defective goods and work out an alternative solution with the supplier
- Works with Receiver to confirm goods received and reconcile to purchase orders.
- Keep detailed records and prepare and submit necessary reports
- Identify buying trends and develop purchasing strategies to control and reduce costs
- Work with corporate buying group and ordering systems: SAP, DMS and ARIBA systems
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics.
- 3 -5 years experience in a Purchaser role.
- Extremely well versed in the SAP and ARIBA systems.
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Essential skills include: reading, writing, numeracy, attention to detail, customer service, analytical thinking, multitasking and organizational & communications skills.
- A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) will be considered an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration
- College diploma in Business Administration
- 3 - 5 years in a Purchaser role.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with SAP & ARIBA.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.