REGIONAL SALES MANAGER: CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Our client is a leader in the design and fabrication of complex skid mounted process equipment for the industrial, water and chemical filtration industries. They are currently searching for a Regional Sales Manager to cover a territory in Eastern North America.
This role has the potential to grow into a group manager position after the first 12 months.
You will be responsible for prospecting, developing and closing sales in a variety of industries including stainless steel, aluminium finishing, oil and gas, water treatment, pulp and paper, gas processing and hydro-metallurgy. You will work closely with agents/distributors in assigned territories as well as internal process and application engineering teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify sales opportunities, prospect for new clients, develop working relationships with prospective clients, assist the preparation of proposals, prepare business cases, perform formal sales presentations, and undertake active client follow-up, through to closing.
- Develop sales strategy and conduct market research in targeted markets.
- Coordinate the Sales Quotation for direct customers and distributors.
- Prepare sales strategy, methods, customer profiles, and references.
- Client’s Request for Quotation (RFQ) and specification documents to recommend compliance/exception strategy for Company’s response, completed Engineering Survey Form and Proposal.
- Provide all design information/data required to Technical Solutions department to enable preparation of technical proposal.
- Review Commercial Terms & Conditions from customer and prepare Commercial Deviation and Clarification list.
- Prepare Sales Order and conduct the 1stinternal engineering kickoff meeting
- Identify and recommend sales agents and/or distributors.
- Act as the primary contact and sales support person for assigned sales agents and manufacturer’s representatives.
- Resolve any non-conformance issues with client before and after PO.
- Responsible for collection of outstanding payments for related equipment orders.
- Participate in trade shows, seminars, training and self-development maintaining competitive edge (markets and skills).
- Accurate and timely submission of all projects and market activities.
- Travel will be required for these responsibilities (50 – 60% of time).
- All candidates must hold a valid degree in Chemical Engineering and 5-7 years of direct sales experience in a similar industry including water treatment, wastewater treatment, chemical or petrochemical industry.
- Must be able and willing to travel internationally and hold a valid passport
- 50-60% travel is required across Eastern North America
- Management skills and experience preferred or at least the ability, personality and desire to be groomed into a Sales Manager.
- Assertive and facilitating management style to be able to get the most out of the team once management role is assumed.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at Selling Process: demonstrated ability to uncover, manage and close sales opportunities, self-directed/self-managed, demonstrated ability to build relationships for mutual business success.
This is a permanent full-time position which will pay a competitive base salary plus commission and benefits.
Please send all qualified resumes to
Modern Technical Staffing