At Alberta Blue Cross, we are dedicated to exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We are committed to providing the best health coverage for our members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and regularly provide opportunities for training and career growth. If you’re excited about our brand and the contributions we make to the province then we’d love for you to join us.
Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opening for a Reporting Analyst to join our team. This position will ensure effective data and information management (collection, analysis and reporting), and is responsible for assessing requests, compiling statistical information, investigating, preparing reports and analyzing trend information.
The ideal candidate has a great attitude, dedicated work ethic, and has a proven track record for delivering excellent reporting results.
This position plays a pivotal role in supporting Alberta Blue Cross’s largest client and their information needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, validate and deliver contractual and ad hoc reports for our government clients and internal stakeholders.
- Data mine and analyze data from internal databases and datamarts to produce management and client reports.
- Gather business requirements from external and internal stakeholders, and project manage tasks and timelines.
- Develop predictive analytics and forecasting models on financial and claims data, applying external factors by looking at economic, population and health data.
- Make recommendations around the design and delivery of reports, analytics practices and data management improvements.
- Create excellent working relationships with business, IT and analytics peer groups.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- An undergraduate degree/Diploma or certification in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience analyzing data, data mining and producing high-quality data driven deliverables.
- Above average skills in database querying and reporting with a working knowledge of database management functions, various reporting systems and techniques.
- Skills in using database software (SQL, MS Access, Oracle or other server database platforms).
- Strong capabilities in visualizing data into tables and graphs with Excel, and knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy.
- A curious thinker; questioning the status quo and bringing new and innovative ideas forward.
- Commitment to a team environment including cross-training and report coverage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as under direct supervision.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressures.
- Industry knowledge would be considered an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.