Manpower is seeking an Industrial Hygienist/Chemical & Waste Management Specialist for one of our Petrochemical clients for a long term contract position. In this role you will play a key role in providing tactical support and technical expertise to the organization. The primary focus of this role is to support Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Management and Waste Management programs. The position is located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Provide Industrial Hygiene support and guidance to the organization by:
- Managing the workplace exposure assessment and noise management programs, including exposure monitoring
- Providing oversight and technical support for the respirator and hearing protection programs
- Collaborating across the organization to address other hygiene-related issues as they arise
- Participating as a member of the Industrial Hygiene Strategy Team to help set direction and ensure the continued standardization and improvement of our programs and practices across the company.
- Provide Chemical Management support and guidance to the organization by:
- Offering feedback on new chemical requests and approving them for use on site ◦ Acting as the primary resource for the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals
- Providing oversight and technical support to manage the chemical inventory
- Provide Waste Management support and guidance to the organization by: ◦
- Coordinating the collection, preparation and transfer of hazardous waste to appropriate disposal facilities in accordance with program and regulatory requirements
- Liaising with internal waste coordinators and external waste disposal providers
- Develop a level of industrial hygiene, chemical and waste management expertise appropriate to our operations with the assistance and support of other RC practitioners in the company
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with program and regulatory requirements
- Maintain and improve chemical and waste storage locations on site
- As appropriate, provide additional general support for: management systems and procedures, regulatory tracking, audit, facility self-assessment and safety and environmental issues
- Demonstrated commitment to Responsible Care®
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with others
- Ability to interpret regulatory and technical documentation and apply appropriately
- Strong aptitude and ability to use information systems
Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-298-4387
Alternatively, you can log onto our website at manpowerab.com and check out our current open positions.
Even if this one might not be the one for you, please do not hesitate to send your resume to Calgary.email@example.com and let one of our Talents Management Consultants connect with you about our other opportunities.
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB).