Zion Building Supplies Ltd is a wholesale of home improvement materials and building supplies.Nature of our business is to provide local builders, contractors and individuals with top quality construction products around the world.
Zion Building supplies LTD is actively searching for a full-time buyer who is experienced in Wholesale Trade and retail trade Industry before, including analyzing market needs, selecting and buying goods, planning shipping and receiving products and negotiating with suppliers and vendors, inventory control.
Success in this position will be measured via the value added supplier relationships developed to enable the Company to lower costs, improve quality, minimize inventory, lower lead-times and improve fill rate. The buyer will be exposed to many business disciplines including Finance, Operations, Quality, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales and Engineering.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities，but are not limited to the following:
- Review requirement of customer and determine quantity and type of building supplies and components to purchase.
- Knowledge and understanding of the procurement and inventory process and associated costs including inventory, logistics, acquisition costs, purchasing, and related accounting functions are required.
- Research and find new suppliers, good product and competitive prices. Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements.
- Recommend successful vendor and issue Purchase Orders and/or Change Orders.
- Study sales records and inventory levels to develop strategic purchasing that facilitates sales department access to product.
- Communicate with current vendors to negotiate improved pricing, lead times, product quality, and delivery as required.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills are a must in order to be successful in this position
- Assess current inventory, market conditions, availability to ensure stock and inventory requirements are achieved.
- Manage vendor performance through formal vendor evaluations including follow-up for all non-conformance concerns as well as providing positive feedback to vendors. Keep good relationship with China Suppliers.
Required Skills& Experience:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in sourcing, purchasing and supply chain modern processes or solid experience for building supplies industry will be asset.
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent diploma.
- Experience with global activities, sourcing and operating within different cultures and styles, especially for Asian.
- Fluent in oral and writing English and Mandarin.
- Computer literacy and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to identify, access and manage risks inherent in the procurement of goods and services
- May require international business travel. Meet with suppliers.
- Terms of employment ： Permanent Full-time Position
- Salary: $28.00/hour
To apply for this position, please forward a resume through the email below:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We celebrate diversity and employment equity.