Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Under the supervision of the Patrol Maintenance Technician, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining contracted assets (roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, etc.) per standards and conditions specified in the contract.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Removal of snow and ice by using snow removal and/or sanding equipment.
- Maintain and repair highway and other surfaces including signs, guardrails, fence, lighting, potholes, striping, adding or replacing reflectors, litter and debris removal
- Operate vehicles and equipment as required: for surface and right-of-way maintenance and repair; repair/maintenance of slopes, berms, culverts, drains, etc.; to control vegetation appearance and growth.
- Traffic control setup and removal
- Transport crew and equipment to work sites
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effectively communicate (in English); both orally and in writing with co-workers and supervisor.
- Perform basic mathematical functions.
- Consistently follow all policies and procedures.
- Understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be capable of working in an environment in which demands and priorities change rapidly.
- Work with hand and power tools, traffic control devices and mobile equipment such as tractors, graders, mowers, sweepers, augers and other types of equipment used for surface and right of way maintenance and repair.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in construction, road maintenance, commercial/industrial repair, maintenance or landscaping (outdoor work) (Preferred)
Certifications and License:
- Valid Ontario Class DZ driver’s license and acceptable driving record. The ability to attain a Valid Ontario Class AZ driver’s license.
- Successful completion of training in traffic control methods, first aid, transportation of dangerous goods, WHMIS and job related aspects of Occupational Health.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
- Routine exposure to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, frequent exposure to insects and infrequent exposure to reptiles/rodents, the noise level in the work environment usually moderate but on occasion can be more than moderate.
- Highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability. You must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident. You must be able to communicate with co-workers’ safety instructions. You must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment. You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
- Prime sur performance