RWDI is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Microclimate team as a Scientist/Engineer in the Guelph office.
This entry level role includes but is not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating all technical aspects of assigned projects, including pedestrian wind, snowdrifting and roof snow loading
- Operation of the water flume
- Assist writing technical project reports that present the methodology, results and recommendations
- Participating in client consultations and managing client wind tunnel workshops
- Working under the general supervision of senior staff with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering specializing in mechanical, environmental or structural engineering
- Some knowledge of wind engineering, wind-induced particle transport and blowing snow
- An enthusiastic interest in aspects of building design related to microclimate issues and building science
- Demonstrated initiative, independent thinker, independent problem solving methods/capabilities
- Working understanding of architectural, structural and mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD, RHINO, SOLIDWORKS considered to be an asset
- Proven ability to successfully meet deadlines and manage a number of projects at once
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional organizational capabilities, coordination and consultation skills
- An ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision
Candidates should also possess:
- Demonstrated innovative, independent problem solving methods/capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross functionally
- Strong people and team skills
- Dedication to professional development
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.