Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Please note, enquiries/greetings in this position must be in both English and French, therefore ability to speak basic level French is required.
Responsible for maintaining contracted assets (roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, etc.) per standards and conditions specified in the contract as directed by the Patrol Supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing duties of shift supervisor during the winter maintenance season.
- Assisting supervisor in/or completing, as directed, the organizing/planning of work to be carried out on a daily/weekly basis,
- Organizing work activities by arranging for appropriate equipment, material and labor.
- Overseeing work operations insuring value for money is being achieved and the work is being performed in accordance with recognized safety requirements, standards, policies and procedures.
- Providing leadership and training to junior Ferrovial Services staff, including instructions on safety techniques, methods and procedures.
- Inspecting work performed by contract staff for compliance to standards and contractual agreement advising contractors of deficiencies and reporting on performance to supervisor.
- Advising supervisor on such matters as work performance, training, planning and organizing traffic control at work sites.
Performs administrative activities in accordance with MTO and Ferrovial Services procedures by:
- Completing, reviewing and maintaining a variety of records, covering work activities related to equipment operation and maintenance hours of work, and material usage (e.g. MMIS, daily inspection books, equipment time sheets, expense forms and reports on sand and salt usage/vehicle accidents/personal injury, etc.)
- Assisting in the preparation and the ongoing monitoring of the weekly, monthly and annual work plan.
- Providing information for analysis of contractor or public claims.
- Liaising with property owners, the general public and individuals from organizations such as police, municipal and other Ontario Government Ministries, and utility companies for the purpose of exchanging information, promoting and maintaining good public relations and as applicable, ensuring compliance with Ministry and Ferrovial Services requirements.
- Occasionally may operate any patrol equipment when deemed necessary for the efficient operations of the patrol.
- Occasionally may carry out a variety of laboring tasks when deemed necessary for efficient patrol operations.
Performs related duties such as:
- Acting for supervisor during absences.
- Compiling and recording information for the Highway and Road inventory (e.g. number of entrances, bridges, kilometres of road, mowable hectares, etc.)
- Investigating, reporting on and, when possible, resolving complaints from the public and others.
- Patrolling road as assigned and reporting hazards and/or deficiencies.
- Initiating Contract staff call-outs and administering hired equipment tenders.
- Responding on behalf of the Ministry and Ferrovial Services in emergency circumstances such as accidents, spills, inclement weather or implementation of emergency plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Should have working knowledge of summer and winter maintenance operations and the Occupational Health and Safety Act as it relates to maintenance activities.
- They should have good working knowledge of maintenance and maintenance related construction contracts and agreements. Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Good verbal communication skills, effective written communication skills to prepare reports, recommendations and rationale statements.
- Ability to prepare and maintain neat accurate records.
- Good investigative/analytical skills are required to research the background of claims, analyze technical data collected, evaluate the validity of different points of view and maintain objectivity in the assessment of claims.
- Ability to use software packages for word processing, spreadsheet, database, electronic mail and critical path scheduling applications.
- Job requires work to be performed within the Ministry and Ferrovial Services maintenance and operational policies and procedures.
- Requires work to be performed with minimal supervision (follow up and periodic check in with supervisor to ensure that work as directed or needed is completed in accordance with policy); as direct supervisor is not present. There is some freedom to change work methods and priorities as these develop without prior approval of the supervisor, especially during winter maintenance activities when road conditions can change rapidly.
- This position requires working knowledge of the environment and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- This position requires a highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- You must be able to communicate safety instructions with co-workers.
- Must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in construction, road maintenance, commercial/industry repair, maintenance or landscaping (outdoor work) (Preferred)
- Valid Ontario Class “DZ” Driver’s License and MTO Operator’s Permit.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, frequent exposure to insects and infrequent exposure to reptiles/rodents. The noise level in the work environment usually moderate but on occasion can more than moderate.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
- Prime sur performance