Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Information Technologies
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent plays a lead role in managing budgets, calculating IT chargebacks and identifying and tracking IT performance metrics. He or she is responsible for preparing and monitoring IT budgets and for preparing and submitting chargebacks. Finally, he or she identifies the performance metrics that require special attention and implements follow-up analyses.
Oversee the preparation and monitoring of IT budgets:
Prepare the operational budget:
Identify needs in terms of training, travel, meals, etc.;
- Identify needs in terms of professional fees;
- Identify operational needs (software, telephone, network services);
Prepare IT variance analyses (actual vs. budget) to support the IT management team’s decision-making;
- Prepare accruals and quarterly forecasts for the Finance Department;
Prepare annual IT chargebacks:
Coordinate the review of hardware and software inventories with the various IC cost centres;
- Calculate chargebacks to submit to each cost centre;
- Communicate the chargeback amounts to the cost centres and the Finance Department;
- Prepare quarterly chargeback reports for the various software evolutions
- Analyze the IT chargeback process and recommend improvements;
Oversee the preparation and tracking of capitalizable costs:
Prepare the budget for software evolutions, infrastructure upgrades and projects;
- Manage project allowances in line with the established annual budget;
- Track project expenses and forecasts as indicated by project managers and the PCO to ensure their accuracy;
Monitor budgets for software evolutions:
Support the team members in charge of budgeting and monitoring software evolution-related expenses;
- Reconcile actual expenses in the financial system, review forecasts and make adjustment recommendations as required.
Also within the incumbent’s remit:
- Assist, as required, the team in tracking invoices with IT providers;
- Code complex invoices that require additional analysis;
- Support the Operational Performance and Efficiency group by carrying out various operational analysis duties (e.g., develop templates to support IT operations, analyze spending patterns by service element, manage team site).
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, accounting, IT or a related field;
- Eight to ten years of experience in the IT industry;
- Experience in managing budgets;
- High-level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM) platform, an asset;
- Experience monitoring IT performance;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Knack for processing information quickly and for spotting and analyzing key issues and trends;
- Ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Solid understanding of IT governance structure and IT operational processes.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.