Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Portfolio Construction and Risk Management
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Director, Portfolio and Investment Risks, the incumbent supports the investment risk and portfolio team in achieving their objectives, mainly by collaborating with other members of the risk team, the portfolio construction and research teams, and the teams of the various business units. He or she participates in analyzing risks that impact the portfolio and coordinates the work of the risk team. He or she prepares tables and summary analyses and supports the team by performing transactional risk and portfolio analyses. In this capacity, he or she provides expertise to help optimize transaction management and promote collaboration and teamwork.
- Conduct risk analyses of investment and portfolio transactions and help draft risk reports;
- Contribute to economic and real estate market research in support of the group’s risk analyses;
- Review assumptions underlying financial models and real estate appraisals to suggest and/or conduct sensitivity analyses and stress tests;
- Coordinate the flow of risk file reviews by maintaining regular contact with the investment teams;
- Make the required changes to the investment memo templates and communicate them to the various teams;
- Take part in reporting to CDPQ in collaboration with the portfolio management team;
- Coordinate and collaborate in the production of the risk report issued to CDPQ on a semi-annual basis;
- Maintain the risk work schedule;
- Develop and regularly update the risk ratings database;
- Participate in risk projects with CDPQ groups;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, finance or real estate;
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline, an asset;
- FRM or CFA designation, an asset;
- Two to five years of relevant experience in real estate, risk management or investment;
- Knowledge of key data related to real estate transactions, an asset;
- Proficiency with databases and Excel, including pivot tables and Power Pivot;
- Self-starter and team player with strong organizational and analytical skills; disciplined and a good communicator;
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and ability to perform under pressure within tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.