Job Title: Senior Consultant - Digital Marketing
Location: Vancouver, BC
Digital Marketing empowers end-to-end marketing campaign management inclusive of population targeting and digital marketing campaign execution and measurement enabling managed services. The overarching goal is to deliver the right content, to the right person, at the right time.
• The Sr. Consultant, Platform Architect, Digital Marketing will develop, deliver and support the Digital Marketing Platform. The objective for this role is to provide strong technical ownership, with an emphasis on engineering efficiency and on-time delivery.
• The position candidate should have strong understanding of software development using Agile methodologies and have experience working with global and distributed teams and cloud native development. This position requires a thorough knowledge of developing scalable, resilient and high performance applications from the ground up, also able to take existing applications and make them cloud deployable.
- Requires a strong understanding of event streaming, data lineage and usage, data storage, modeling, ETL, and batch file processing.
• Hands on experience with Marketing technologies strongly preferred.
- Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
- Provide leadership and direction to software development teams in the technical direction of Digital Payments solutions and is responsible for delivery of business objectives
- Experience architecting and providing technical leadership to large and complex systems
- Deep knowledge of software development processes including agile processes, test driven development and automation of the build and deployment processes (CI/CD)
- Extensive data experience, including ETL, event streaming batch file processing & transfer, data ingestion, modelling, Big Data such as Hadoop/Spark, database experience (Oracle) and reporting & analytics
- Expert in full stack Java development, design patterns, threading, unit testing, debugging
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience with logging frameworks
- Experience with implementing web services
- Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ensure collaboration across distributed global development teams
- Ensure software designs align with Enterprise Architecture and leverages our enterprise services.
- Ensure development teams use the appropriate standard development methodologies and follow our technology standards, and that all projects and development are appropriately documented.
- Ensure that software and system design and delivery support the goal of zero down time in production.
- Define a key set of quality and performance metrics, especially in regards to data usability.
- Work closely with business partners on product definition, technical roadmaps and overall direction for the team.
- Respond to operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements to ensure consistent delivery of quality services.
- Ensure development supports all appropriate data compliance and usage requirements, including PCI, GLBA, Safe Harbor, SOX, etc.
- Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation.
- Oversees the execution of the Software Engineering function and acts as an authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function.
- Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through fully automated using CI/CD pipelines.
- Interface with technical developers to translate product requirements into technical specifications, ensuring mutual understanding and reducing time to market.
All About You:
- Demonstrated leadership in taking accountability, acting with a sense of urgency, and delivering plans with passion, ambition and aptitude
- Proven ability to design / architect highly scalable applications/platforms
- Prior experience with Cloud Native Architecture and development
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
- Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Marketing experience desirable
- Successfully built and brought to market multiple enterprise grade applications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.