Senior DOORS Engineer, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The Senior DOORS Engineer, CSC will report directly to the Manager, CSC Contract Change & Compliance and be responsible for ensuring that the Canadian Surface Combatant requirements are captured, assessed and supported by statements of work for the Prime Contract and corresponding Subcontract.
This is a permanent full time staff role (1 position) based in Halifax NS.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and responsibilities:
- Manage requirements database, using IBM Rational DOORS
- Develop and maintain Database architecture to facilitate requirements management across entire Project for contractual and technical requirements as well as other relevant data sources
- Create, maintain and enforce Database business rules, link sets and artifacts
- Develop and execute processes to build consistency as Database matures and grows
- Liaise with multiple internal and external project stakeholders to consolidate requirements analysis activities
- Ensure changes in requirements are properly controlled, configured and baselined
- Provide training and support to internal IBM Rational DOORS users
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Technical field, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience with full functionality of IBM Rational DOORS software
- Experience in Naval Shipbuilding, or in Service Support of Naval vessels and capital Defense projects.
- Experience in database management concepts and practices
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Advanced excel skills and/or code scripting skills an asset
- Ability and desire to exercise ongoing attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
For further details, please contact Kristen Drapeau at:
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.