Client ID: 273614
Senior Hadoop Administration & HBase Consultant
On behalf of our client in the Banking Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Senior Hadoop Administration & HBase Consultant.
Senior Hadoop Administration & HBase Consultant – Job Description
- The Treasury Analytics Group is responsible for measurement and management of market risk (interest rate and foreign exchange) for the Bank's retail portfolios.
- The team develops financial models and processes required for measuring, transfer pricing, hedging product profitability, and financial management reporting.
- The Treasury Analytics Group is embarking on a brand new initiative to build the next generation strategic platform for risk, valuations and analytics to meet the growing and future needs of the department.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work on Cloud Integration (Azure) as well as cutting edge technologies including Big Data and NoSQL databases (Hadoop Ecosystem: Hbase, Hive, SPARK, and MongoDB) to allow the business to gain advanced insight into their portfolios and valuation metrics.
- Setup, maintain, upgrade and enhance the Hadoop, HBase and other components such as HDFS, YARN, Zookeeper, Hive, Spark2
- Setup and maintain HBase replication between datacenters
- Support and maintain Hadoop clusters in all environments
- Troubleshoot any issue in Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Yarn
- Capacity planning, cluster deigning and deployment, system and job troubleshooting, cluster performance tuning
Senior Hadoop Administration & HBase Consultant – Mandatory Skills
- Hadoop, HBase and Yarn experience - 5 years
- Experience with large Hadoop/HBase clusters: setup, migration, upgrading and scaling up - 3 years
- Strong working experience with HBase replication and disaster recovery - 3 years
- Strong working experience with yarn and yarn scheduler - 3 years
- Good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage and networks
- Proven track record with troubleshooting with YARN jobs, HBase replication, Hadoop cluster, zookeeper and other Hadoop issues. - 3 years
- Experience or Linux/Unix OS -3
- Scripting experience (Python/Perl/Shell) to automate tasks
Senior Hadoop Administration & HBase Consultant – Nice to Have Skills
- Java development knowledge or experience working experience of automation tools such as Salt, Ansible
- CI/CD pipeline experience with Jenkins, Git, BitBucket and Gradle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Senior Hadoop Administration & HBase Consultant - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 6 months to start
Senior Hadoop Administration & HBase Consultant - Assignment Location