The job will require an inquisitive mind. You need to have a strong interest and capability to
- learn to program in Scala if that's not your primary programming language
- learn about the relevant financial products if you don't already understand them,
- apply such knowledge to the work on realtime systems based on both OpenSoure (e.g. Akka) and proprietary technologies.
- take on production issue troubleshooting, as well as performance profiling/tuning In addition, you will also have exposure to many other exciting technology solutions on the same Scala platform created by hundreds of people. You will work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment, collaborate with several global teams within, and sometimes outside, Fixed Income, and interact directly with the trading desk to support their function.
- Strong Java or Scala (minimum 7 years of experience)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to navigate a large and complex code base.
- Data structures, design patterns, multi-threaded programming and distributed computing
- Continuous integration.