Energy Safety Canada is the national safety association for the oil and gas industry. We develop and support common industry safety standards, deliver effective learning systems, share data analysis and safety expertise with workers and employers, and advocate for worker health and safety. Our goal is the same as industry’s — zero injuries, zero incidents. Learn more at www.EnergySafetyCanada.com.
Job Overview:Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure, IT, the IT Senior Technology Analyst assists with maintaining a predictable and stable technology environment for Energy Safety Canada. This position is responsible for managing and reporting on systems operations, upgrade planning and implementations and will act as a support resource as required.
- Server Infrastructure Management – plan, design, implement and document hardware operating system, application installations, backups, disaster recovery, patches and upgrades.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the network and data security including all related components
- Provide technical leadership to vendors for day to day issues, input trouble ticket and change requests as required
- Responsible for regular reporting of systems status and infrastructure health
- Manage Energy Safety Canada’s voice, data, and video communications infrastructure and systems including e-mail, network switches, routers, WAN Links, phone, video conferencing and firewalls
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and service level agreements/objectives (SLAs/SLOs) for reporting to business units with the goal with increasing efficiency and stakeholder satisfaction
- Research, recommend, and interpret policy to ensure the operational requirements of the Corporate Information Technology are consistent with Energy Safety Canada’s mission, vision and values
- Other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 7+ years related work experience
- Certifications: MCAD, MCSE, MCTS or MS Certified Master in developing for a Microsoft environment is preferred. Cloud certifications a strong asset.
- Highly skilled in the management and administration of Microsoft technologies including Windows Server (Hyper-V and storage spaces direct), Active Directory, Terminal Services, SQL Server, Windows Clustering, Microsoft Office 365, and Azure
- Network infrastructure (Ethernet switches, routers, WAN connections) administration with a focus on Cisco and Meraki technologies, including network security (firewalls and VPN with Palo Alto)
- Strong Knowledge of Active Directory, certificates, DNS (both Active Directory integrated and external), Networking, Security Principles
- Familiarity with Skype for Business VoIP technologies
- Knowledge of disaster recovery planning, testing, and execution. Experience with Veeam an asset.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Be a part of building a stronger, safer workforce!
- Great Base Salaries
- Full Medical & Dental Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Paid Vacation
- Flex Days
- Employee Education Assistance Program
Qualified candidates are asked to submit resumes by visiting our website:
http://www.energysafetycanada.com/aboutus/careers/work-with-enform.cfm. On the right side of the screen under Careers select Join Now.
Submissions should be in MS Word or PDF formats only.
Energy Safety Canada would like to thank all applicants for their submissions; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.