Position Title: Senior Test Engineer
LEONARDO DRS; headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS Canada), is a leading mid-tier Canadian defence electronics company specializing in military voice and data communications systems; electro-optics (EO) and infrared search and tracking systems (IRST); command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems integration; deployable flight data recorders; and defence/space electronics manufacturing.
What it’s like working at DRS!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
- Flexible hours. Work your hours around your schedule
- Recipient of Carleton University’s Co-Op Employer of the Year in 2018
- Seasonal company-wide events: free BBQs, Christmas party, Dragon Boat team, Shinny hockey tournament, golf tournament, the Army Run, and more!
This is a full time Test Engineering position reporting to the Engineering Test Manager. The successful application will have experience in automated test applications and be responsible for successful analysis, design and implementation of software subsystems designed for automating and controlling engineering and manufacturing test procedures.
- 10+ years testing experience
- Requirements management and reading experience
- Proficient programming knowledge/skills in National Instruments LabVIEW and Test Stand
- Experience developing and architecting automated acceptance test solutions for factory testing
- Experience developing test solutions for V&V testing
- Ability to read and understand complex standards documents
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of intermediate/junior test engineers
- Solid problem tracking and test reporting skills
- Solid experience in developing and executing test cases/test plans and test strategy
- Experience with programming using RS-232, RS-422, USB, GPIB, Ethernet
- Proficient with Lab test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, etc.)
- Experience and proficiency in Tcl/Tk/Perl/Python/Shell scripting languages
- Testing telecom protocols (T1, E1, ISDN, BRI, VoIP, SIP, H.323) experience is an asset
- Participated in hardware/software integration and test activities
- Professional attitude, self-directed and ability to meet objectives
- Skilled in designing documents, configuration control and preparing test plans
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works effectively as a member of a dynamic team.
- Must have solid working knowledge of MS Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with design Engineering, develops efficient and effective test solutions and specifications to verify product requirements
- Provides general guidance/coaching of other Engineers.
- Conducts analysis of system specifications in developing designs
- Designs to specified requirements, develops code; performs test and debugging for complex applications.
- Identifies, analyses, and resolves complex test software/hardware issues.
- Participate in product design meetings, preparing requirements and design specifications.
- Makes recommendations and suggests alternatives solutions when needed.
- Ensures assigned projects follow schedule, informs management of any unplanned slippage and proposes corrective measures.
- May participate in design reviews with internal/external customers
- Reviews designs and documents produced by others
- Multiplex between different projects or assignments and delivers on commitments.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to meet business demands.
- Technologist level education or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in a development environment using LabVIEW and TestStand
- Strong background in engineering principles and development in a structured environment.
- Experienced with integration of multiple vendor technologies
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as GIT
- Familiar with software development life cycle
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging software on target hardware and in a simulation environment
- Familiarity with estimating and measuring and optimizing software performance
- Basic knowledge and application of: communication protocols, real-time operating systems, object-oriented design methods, real-time embedded system design, software configuration management, graphical user interface (GUI) design, build and test automation, software development lifecycle methodologies
- Hardware design and debug experience
Other Desirable Assets
- Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD)
- Experience with DOORS requirement management tool
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Working knowledge with Atlassian toolsets such as JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with development and execution of Hardware Qualification standards such as RTCA/DO-160, MIL‑STD‑810, MIL-STD-461
- Experience with avionics protocols such as MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements and Canadian security clearance; a minimum of 5 years continuous residence in Canada and a police background check are mandatory.
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada