Client ID: 273575
Service Management Manager
On behalf of our client in the Healthcare industry, Procom Consultants Group is currently searching for a Service Management Manager.
Reporting to the Provincial Director, Service Management, and the Provincial Manager has direct responsibility for the provision of high quality and timely designated service management services in support of a shared Information Management/ Information Technology Services solution within healthcare across the province including the supervision of staff and the development and continuous improvement of operational and business processes and practices based on industry standards including but not limited to Information Technology Information Library. and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies. Accountable and responsible for the timely execution of service requests and incident resolution relating to the designated service management services. Ensures consistency of services and solutions with healthcare strategy and provincial efforts in order to maximize alignment.
Service Management Manager Job Description:
· Provides leadership and oversight of the day-to-day operations for a designated service management team to drive service management excellence and ensure alignment with client's Information Management/ Information Technology goals and operating plans. Conducts an analysis of the current situation and the future requirements of the portfolio, sets specific goals and objectives aligned to the overall strategic direction of client's Information Management/ Information Technology, and determines priorities for planning and implementing strategies in collaboration with the Information Management/ Information Technology Leadership, key partners and stakeholders.
· Oversees the development of processes and controls to ensure quality is maintained to meet business objectives
· Champions and promotes service improvements on an ongoing basis to continually improve quality and customer satisfaction.
· Provides leadership and guidance to assigned staff using effective management techniques (for example, coaching, mentoring, delegating, building teams and managing performance) to support the achievement of required outcomes and to ensure that staff members are achieving a level of performance that meets the highest standards within their areas of function. Fosters a positive working environment including seeking opportunities to reward and recognize team and individual contributions, listening to the team’s concerns and enabling decision-making at the front line.
· Evaluates individual and team performance in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders and peer staff ensuring probationary and annual reviews are completed for assigned staff. Handles grievances and investigates work and staff issues and initiates disciplinary action up to and including terminations.
· Prepares and manages the annual operating budget for designated services, monitors variances and develops and executes corrective actions.
· Develops and continuously improves existing and new client's Information Management/ Information Technology processes and methods.
· Develops effective partnerships with stakeholders including healthcare service providers, vendors and outside contractors aligned with established service level agreements (SLAs).
· Actively manages to optimize resource utilization and service quality. Develops and uses metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify performance issues or other variances, develops and implements strategies to address and to improve performance.
· Engages other teams across client and partners in order to provide seamless customer service, challenging the status quo.
· Establishes the processes required to manage the service management solution through the service lifecycle using client standards and practices with a view to continuous improvement.
Service Management Manager Mandatory Skills:
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a degree in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Business or a related field, plus seven (7) years recent related experience in large, complex, multi-site organizations, including a minimum of five (5) years in a progressively responsible leadership role.· Team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience managing and coaching teams for high performance.· Customer focused with ability to facilitate and encourage cooperation between diverse operational groups and skill sets.· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships.· Demonstrated outcome oriented, consensus building abilities· Self-directed, highly motivated, results-oriented and able to motivate others.· Demonstrated ability to lead teams and to promote teamwork both virtually and locally.· Critical thinking skills and proven ability to effectively manage human and fiscal resources.· Sound judgment and decision making skills.· Demonstrated understanding and experience of quality assurance process, operational planning and program development.· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.· Ability to work in an environment in transition and act as an agent of change.· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accompanied by proven presentation skills in a corporate setting.· Proven technology background with a solid understanding of infrastructure and technology frameworks such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library.· At minimum, holds the version 3 Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundations Certification and one or more practitioner certifications.· Preference will be given to candidates holding the ITIL Expert certification. Direct experience with sustaining, maturing and managing one or (ideally) more of our SMO processes or managing practitioner teams who operate these processes.
Service Management Manager Start Date:
Service Management Manager Assignment length:
3 months, contract to hire
Service Management Manager Work Location: