Who We Are
WINDS GROUP is a synthetic fiber, yarn, and performance wear manufacturing partner for companies in the Business-to-Business apparel supply chain. We deliver product innovation with an end-user focus to a select group of Brands. WINDS has an exciting, tight-knit global culture that spans from Sweden to China, Africa to Hispaniola. We are opening our new North American HQ in Mt. Pleasant, Vancouver, and warmly welcome new qualified team members.
About This Position
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, our Brand Services Managers oversee the product lifecycle. You will drive the garment development of your customer accounts in partnership with Design, Merchandising & Performance Textile Teams to achieve aesthetics, quality and cost requirements of the customer while managing calendars and deadlines. You will be the primary liaison between customer accounts and will collaborate with cross-functional teams within the company to manage customer expectations regarding capacity planning, allocation, pricing, production, quality of goods and delivery.
- Receive and process fabric development details and tech packs, BOM’s for garment development
- Collaborate with internal teams to coordinate, track & maintain sample requests & BOMs through Product adoption
- Ensure timeliness of approvals/product changes to meet deliveries through the development process
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to create and manage product calendars while in adherence to deadlines
- Work with internal Merchandising Teams for sample development and initial quotation
- Manage fabric and proto samples, fit approvals, lab dips, PP samples, wear test samples, etc. Monitor, review and evaluate submits
- Follow up with weekly updates on fabric and garment development
- Facilitate weekly production meetings with cross-functional teams
- Partner with Merchandising, QA and Technical Teams to resolve fabric or garment quality issues in a timely manner, while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
- Domestic & International Travel required
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to manage Customer’s expectations regarding Capacity Planning, Allocation, Pricing, Production, Quality of Goods and Deliverables.
- Manage Commercialization Calendar/Master Shipment Schedule (WIP) to ensure adherence to milestones & deadlines.
- Manage seasonal/yearly forecasts for capacity planning, building inventories & managing Account Sales Goals.
- Coordinate SMU business; creation, tracking & maintenance of sample requests through the production
- Work with internal Merchandising Teams on the cost of goods to finalize Customer quotations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising, Design, Engineering, Business or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on Sportswear product development and management.
- Knowledge of Garment Production – production cycle timeline, fabric, garment construction, testing protocol, product integrity, trade terms, etc.
- Applied experience working in International Business environments
- Advanced MS EXCEL skills, in addition to other basic MS Office Tools (Word, PPT, etc.)
- Drive for Results – Ability to analyze situations with a sense of urgency and demonstrates proactive problem-solving skills
- Learning Agility – Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and explore new ways of approaching goals
- Effective Communicator & Team Player - Excellent verbal and written communication with attention to detail
- Strong Collaborator – Excellent Teamwork and prioritization skills with the ability to work with staff across all levels
- Excellent Coordination skill and highly collaborative with people of various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to construct effective presentations