Sr. Scrum Master
Apex Systems is a global IT services provider and our staffing group has an opening for a Sr. Scrum Master with eCommerce/Retail, Cloud, and Software Engineering projects experience to place at our client, an Enterprise Retail Company in Toronto.
Client: Enterprise Retail Company
Terms: Contract to Hire
Start date: ASAP/TBD
Hours: 40 hours p/week
Location: Currently Remote; post COVID, on-site in Toronto
How to Apply: Please submit your resume via the platform you are using. If you encounter any issues, please email your resume to Kim Sakkal firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Scrum Master #
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Scrum Master to push forward initiatives, and provide guidance on Agile mindset and best practices while overseeing Application Product Delivery. This person will be overseeing anywhere from 2-3 Application development Teams while ensuring each team meets their objects and product delivery timelines.
The right candidate will be highly collaborative, come from a true Agile framework and have experience managing multiple resources on each team. This person must be tech savvy; enough to help drive delivery of multiple ongoing projects and offer solutions when a tech problem arises. They know how to deal with issues, get it resolved and move on, and doesn’t get flustered
- Delivery ownership of 2-3 functional projects and technology roadmap projects at a time using agile scrum methodology
- Project ownership from inception to full production release
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- Facilitates Scrum ceremonies including Release Planning
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Present project status reporting to senior management using techniques like burn-up, Burn-down, velocity charts or any other technique
- Must have Scrum Master experience in an enterprise environment (i.e. 5K+ employees)
- 2+ e-commerce platform/ experience in retail or related domain.
- Must come from a software development shop and have managed 8+ member scrum teams
- 2+ years of Agile Scrum experience at Scrum Master capacity (using Jira and Confluence)
- 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, Scrum Master or technical product/program management experience
- Decent understanding of cloud technologies, web technologies ( e.g Java, spring, spring boot, angular, JVM etc.) & SOA/distributed applications architectures
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with large-scale systems of world-class availability, scalability, and performance requirements
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, oral & presentation
- Energetic - go getter mentality
- A driver; someone who roles up their sleeves to effectively run application development releases on time within an ever-changing time competing environment
- Must be able to switch gears and move to and from a few ongoing projects effectively
Able to make decisions on the fly
Please only apply if you meet all Key Qualifications.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
- 401K (US)