Job Number: 1961
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna International Corporate Office
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The Tax Reporting and Technology Senior Manager is responsible for the preparation of the consolidated tax provision of the company, as well as for leading, prioritizing and developing process improvement projects to provide value added, risk controlled, and more efficient tax processes through technology. The Tax Reporting and Technology Senior Manager will work with the Director of Tax Accounting and Special Projects to complete the primary responsibilities described and other senior members of the Tax Team to coordinate functional requirements to support the identification and definition of tax technology solutions; as well as manage cross-functional teams for its successful deployment.
• Manage aspects of the annual and quarterly global tax provision processes of the company under US GAAP including tax provision consolidation, tax balance sheet accounts integration, financial statement disclosure, Fin-48 and ASC 740 documentation
• Identify and implement opportunities to reduce the effective tax rate, and validate and ensure the accuracy of tax account balances and compliance with SOX404
• Maintain and implement the Process and Technology Roadmap of the Tax Department
• Regularly seek to identify, drive and implement process improvements within the Tax Department. This includes being a key member of the broader finance team driving the finance transformation initiative.
• Evaluation and implementation of tax technology solutions, internal controls, procedures and best practices
• Clearly communicate issues, opportunities and solutions to senior management and other team members
• Deal effectively and efficiently with external advisors, as well as with external tax auditors
• Keep up to date on current legal, reporting and regulatory compliance standards and requirements, as well as on current advances in all areas of tax technology and business intelligence
• Carry out other administrative and management duties that may be assigned
Knowledge and Education
• Designated Accountant with a business degree preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years’ progressive financial and taxation experience. Exposure to public accounting, multinational and manufacturing environments a definite asset.
Skills and Competencies
• ASC740 and US GAAP accounting
• Strong financial & data analysis skills
• Technically strong in accounting principles, practices and procedures; knowledgeable and innovative in controlling and minimizing costs and taxes
• Good knowledge of computer system applications and other technological solutions for reporting and taxation
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; strong team layer with the ability to build relationships at all levels internally and externally
• Flexible, with the ability to multi-task
• Enjoyment and producing best results in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to manage a number of projects concurrently
• Ability to work additional hours as required to ensure all deadlines are met
• Minimum travel, as required
Candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check and, if deemed necessary, a Credit Check as part of the candidate selection process.