Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Place Ville Marie
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent is responsible for carrying out various administrative tasks for the technical services, client services, security, maintenance, purchasing and distribution teams.
Purchase order and invoice monitoring
- Create purchase orders in the JDE system, ensuring that the proper accounting codes are used and the necessary administrative steps are taken in terms of purchases and procedures;
- Every month, analyze the purchase order report, meet with managers to follow up, check pending expenses and make any updates;
- Create a monthly budget variance table and submit it to the accounting team;
- Verify that purchase orders and supplier invoices match the established payment terms and submit the necessary payment documentation daily;
- Check monthly invoices for maintenance services billable to tenants;
- Process supplier invoices in the Basware computer system;
- Prepare bids to be submitted to tenants and present them to the Client Relations Department;
- Assist management in preparing and adhering to budgets; keep an accurate record of budgetary expenditures by cost centre.
- Process employee payroll;
- Carry out general administrative work (draft documents, letters, notices, internal memos, department meeting minutes);
- Produce and update department processes and procedures;
- Coordinate the filing system and file tree;
- Regularly update internal emergency contact lists for suppliers and record work hours and vacation schedules;
- Create and code forms for the Technical Services Department;
- Keep the office supplies inventory updated and handle office equipment contracts;
- Work with the Client Relations Department to keep an up-to-date table for tracking tenant service proposals from start to finish;
- Update the “Tenant Impacts” calendar daily to provide accurate information about activities that will significantly affect tenants. Work with managers to monitor project and construction-related news and Work News and create communication tools to share necessary information about activities;
- Update the key performance indicators posted for the department;
- Summarize the list of ongoing work and meet with supervisors to update project status;
- Step in temporarily for the procurement technician during vacation or other short-term absence;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting;
- Three to five years of relevant experience;
- Team spirit and clear commitment to ongoing quality improvement;
- Outgoing, dynamic self-starter with a client-focused approach;
- Highly organized;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of building management.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.