Job Number: 7465
Group: Cosma International
Division: Modatek Systems
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Located in Milton, Ontario, Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International. At Modatek, our dedicated team produce chassis systems utilizing innovative hydroforming, automated welding, and electrostatic coating processes within a large, safety-focused facility.
The Technical Team Leader is responsible for leading a team of Technical Team Members. They assist their team in troubleshooting our equipment, assigning appropriate Technical Team Members to tasks, and ensure that their team has the required support to be successful. They ensure any downtime is appropriately tracked, and assist in developing solutions to improve operational efficiency. They play a key role in the development of Technical Team Members and Apprentices.
Rate of Pay: $39.05 - $40.58 per hour, plus overtime and shift premiums.
• Practices and promotes continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and identifies possible cost reduction opportunities
• Implements departmental continuous improvement suggestions
• Provides formal and informal feedback and/or coaching to Technical Team Members to promote accountability and development; includes the application of the progressive discipline process and documentation on the Work History Card, up to counselling
• Fosters positive work relationships with peers, direct reports and leaders
• Leads pre-shift meetings (T1/T2, etc.) and prepares documentation to support the meeting
• Cross –train Team Members to maximize flexibility and coverage to accommodate vacations and absences
• Ensure compliance to layered audit schedules, safety rules, TS16949, standardized work, housekeeping, 5S and quality requirements and follows up on non-conformances
• Provides feedback to Technical Area Leaders regarding Technical Team Member performance including participating in the Performance Appraisal process
• Maintains accurate documentation of production and equipment records
• Assists in troubleshooting of equipment to ensure quality and efficiency
• Ensures that all operator safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations
• Enters Team Members hours or absence codes into Time & Attendance
• Schedules shift and work requirements including offering overtime
• Assists Area Leader in conducting Team/ Safety Talks
• Perform duties of Team Members for absences, relief, etc.
• Know and understand process documentation and customer specific requirements as they relate to this job function
• Audit and inspect area for safety and environmental compliance.
• Participate in accident/incident investigations
• Ontario Certificate of Qualification in the required field (Electrical, Controls, Tool & Die or Millwright), or an equivalent diploma/degree in electrical controls, as required
• Certificate of Apprenticeship or possess a recognized equivalent. (testing may be required)
• Minimum of 3-5 years related manufacturing experience, preferably in the automotive industry
• Strong organizational skills
• Solid leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to use basic Math & English, with proven ability to read written instructions
• Ability to communicate clearly in English, both written & verbal to all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency to achieve results
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Good attention to detail
• Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to uphold confidentiality
• Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
• A great work experience with a dedicated and diverse workforce
• A focus on safety, health and wellness, including a corporate wellness program, fitness membership discounts, and a subsidized cafeteria with health concious options
• Competitive extended health benefits
• A group RRSP with employer matching
• Participation int he Employee Equity and Profit Sharing Plan
• Company paid uniforms, allowances for prescription safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes
• Staff appreciation events
• Continuous training and development, including an educational reimbursement program
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.