“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Package Handler’s position is a physical, fast-paced and labor-intensive role within a warehouse environment that involves sorting/stocking packages as well as loading and unloading them into and out of UPS package delivery vehicles and trailers.
Shift duration: 5:30PM to 10:30PM (3-5 hours per day)
- Load and unload packages into package delivery vehicles and trailers
- Learn and properly execute company-established package handling methods
- Sort and stock packages based on postal codes
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance
- Full availability to work Monday to Friday (all five days of the week)
- Ability to read and memorize postal codes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment
- Comfortable working inside truck trailers and package delivery vehicles
- Warehouse experience (would be considered an asset)
- $15.85/hr (base rate of $14.00 + an hourly bonus of $1.85) and automatic progression up to $24.61/hr
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $6,000 per year + $300 for course materials (books)
- Health and dental benefits after one year of service
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Exposed to changing temperatures while working in a warehouse environment.
- In our industry this position is also known as Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Associate, Sorter, Loader/Unloader, and Shipper/Receiver.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.