Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
Who we are: Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
What we need: Results-driven individuals who:
- Are inspired by helping people achieve their employment goals
- Have superior oral and written communication skills and is an excellent listener
- Have and can show empathy for individuals who face challenges in achieving economic independence
- Have the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Have exemplary interpersonal skills to work with colleagues for the benefit of clients
- Have excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Are able to use their strong research skills to investigate community services and supports
- Have experience in the Employment Sector, helping people to achieve their employment goals
- Have intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint
- Have a valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
What you will do: The Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist supports the activities of the Job Skills Employment Programs and Services activities by:
- Interviewing/administering/interpreting assessments with clients to understand their needs, situations, strengths, and goals to determine types of supports and services required
- Meeting with clients one-on-one or in groups to assist in developing skills to resolve their social, economic, and emotional issues as they relate to achieving financial independence
- Contacting and making referrals to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical/professional assessments/treatments, and other services
- Achieving individual targets towards overall team outcomes
- Assessing individual, group, and family needs as needed to support the best outcome for the client
- Acting as a resource to program staff to assist in moving multi-barriered clients to employment
- Participating in delivering outreach and marketing activities within the community; including job fairs, community and employment agencies, and performing outreach to clients and employers
- Ensuring all client notes and data entry is completed with accuracy and within a timely manner
- Delivering high quality service as outlined in Job Skills’ customer service standards
- Minimum education requirement is a Post-secondary education
- 2-4 years’ experience in the Social Service sector
- Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP) or equivalent
- Effective Communication/Listening Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Fostering Teamwork
- Strategic Thinking
- Client Service Orientation
- Planning and Goal Setting Abilities
What you will get: In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part of our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new Programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our staff, our community and our clients.
As a Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist with Job Skills, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title, and job reference number in the email subject line and tell us how you learned about this opportunity in your cover letter.
Please reply in confidence by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 13, 2020
JOB SKILLS Hiring Committee
Job Reference Number: BES102881
14-130 Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1