Work Equipment Heavy Duty Mechanic (Mechanic A)
A Mechanics perform minor and major repairs, overhauls and servicing of all types of rail maintenance equipment, attachments and material handling equipment.
Mechanic responsibilities include:
- Performing minor and major repairs
- Overhauls and servicing of all types of rail maintenance equipment, attachments and material handling equipment, with electric and oxy-acetylene welding equipment, lubrication and other repair equipment.
- Record details on prescribed forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Work closely and keep in regular communication with management.
- Uphold all applicable health and safety policies.
- Perform repairs outside in all weather conditions at varying times of the day.
- Operate and maintain a service truck in accordance with standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience in electric and gas welding equipment.
- Must be interprovincial red seal Heavy Duty Mechanic or equivalent, experienced 4th year apprentices will be considered.
- Must have own hand tools up to 1 ¼”.
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Must be willing to travel within MB/SK on assigned work cycle.
- Must have a valid Class (5) Driver's License
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.